System Upgrades can increase your ship's performance in various categories and also add some more features to your systems.
Some upgrades can come in different material variations and every upgrade type can occur in all the different rarities, except for XSTN-K. A higher rarity usually goes along with better modifiers.
Some upgrades require energy in order to work and energy requirements grow with higher rarity and better modifiers.
The seven tiers of upgrades are as follows:
- Poor (Gray in colour, the worst quality, strangely, this quality is more rare than common)
- Common (White in colour, and as the name suggest, this is the most common upgrade tier)
- Uncommon (Green in colour)
- Rare (Blue in colour)
- Exceptional (Orange/Yellow in colour)
- Exotic (Red in colour)
- Legendary (Purple in colour)
Installing System Upgrades[edit | edit source]
You can install system upgrades to your ship from the ship menu (Default Hotkey 'P'). From there you have to select the "Systems" tab, which is the third from the left. Add or remove upgrades from the slots in the top portion of the tab by dragging or right-clicking the upgrades.
Permanent Installation[edit | edit source]
You can install System Upgrades permanently for improved stats by right-clicking them. To remove a permanently installed upgrade, you must be close to an Equipment Dock, Mobile Equipment Merchant or Trade Guild Merchant.
Otherwise it will be destroyed when you try to remove it.
Acquiring System Upgrades[edit | edit source]
System Upgrades can be acquired in several ways.
- You can collect them during battles where they have a chance to drop from destroyed blocks. This also means that shooting or salvaging wreckages result in dropping them from time to time.
- You can buy them from a equipment merchant or a equipment dock.
- You can research them from at a Research Station.
- They can be found in Secret Stashes.
- You can get them as a reward for doing Events or Missions.